If you're a staff member and unsure how to access this machine, please check our access instructions.
To see if you're able to access this machine please check group permissions.
This server is a Linode 2G server running Centos 6.5 which functions as the primary misc services machine and as the primary IRC server. The IRC server address is: irc.soylentnews.org and it's available at port 6667 for non-ssl users and 6697 for SSL users. It houses all of the other IRC related services as well as the url shortener at http://sylnt.us.
Services running on this host
- Charybdis, IRC server, http://irc.soylentnews.org - port 6667, 6697(SSL)
- Atheme, IRC services
- Iris, IRC web chat, http://chat.soylentnews.org - port 3989, forwarded from 80 by apache
- Various bots, See IRC Services
- ZNC, IRC bouncer for staff, http://irc.soylentnews.org - port 60000
- Yourls, URL shorener service on http://sylnt.us - port 80
- MySQL, used for Yourls.
Please add any services that aren't listed here yet.
This node's ip address: 126.96.36.199
Services set to run at startup (can be restarted via /etc/init.d/<script>):
- postfix - SMTP server, handles incoming and outgoing mail.
- dovecot - IMAP server and mail delivery agent.
- mailmain - listserv, this is just the qrunner service which picks up stuff in the queue to mail out.
- saslauthd - Mail authentication.
- mysqld - mysql databases
- httpd - apache webserver running multiple virtualhosts
Currently, mechanicjay, robind, ncommander, xlefay, and funpika have ssh access to this box.
All vhost configs are in /etc/httpd/conf.d/<servicename>.soylentnews.org.conf All vhost wwwroots are in /var/www/vhosts/<servicename> (except IRC and Dev ones) --mailman (lists.soylentnews.org) is the exception since that was installed as a system package via yum
Current virtual hosts:
- webmail (squirrelmail install)
- rt (not currently active)
- 000_default (nothing to see here page if no or unrecognized host header is passed)
- chat (redirect to atheme iris server on port 3989)
- irc-stats (/home/sylnt/public_html/stats)
- irc-logs (/home/sylnt/public_html/logs)
- sylnt.us (/srv/sylnt.us YOURLS shortener service)
- vm (/srv/vm.soylentnews.org throttled vhost for Dev VM image)
Just a basic mysql install.
- postfix -- handles mail accounts -- all mail services auth against this db
This is a nightmare, and will have to spend some time figuring out how to document it in a sane way.
IRC services are now served up by beryllium. The core IRC services as well as several bots live on this server. They are mostly run from the sylnt user account out of /home/sylnt/
Start and stop scripts are in the ~/bin directory. start.all and stop.all will start and stop each of the services below with the appropriate script in a proper order. start.all is also set in sylnt's crontab to start at reboot. Individual services can be stopped or started with the appropriate script stop.service or start.service where .service is replaced with the suffix listed in the table below.
The services each have a cron.service script, also in ~/bin, that monitors that the service is running and restarts it if it does not find it. This is done by monitoring the pid, set at startup, and seeing if the job is still running. cron.all is run at 10 minute intervals from sylnt's crontab as well.
|Atheme Services 7.2.6
|a modular IRC Services package
|web frontend for IRC
|3989 (forwarded from 80)
|local Idle RPG
|local RSS aggregator based on Eggdrop
|wiki log bot
|IRC Bouncer service (n.b. repo install, config in sylnt home)
All of /home/sylnt/ started out as a copy from the original server xlefay setup on his systems. No new files were added to this, only certain services need to be recompiled. Source files for most of the services are found in ~/source, and copies of the original services that ran on original server are in ~/OLD. Test compiles of some of the services were moved to ~/test before bring up the current versions.
Charybdis was compiled with ./configure --prefix=/home/sylnt/charybdis/ --enable-epoll --enable-openssl --enable-ipv6 --disable-assert. Atheme was compiled with $ ./configure --prefix=/home/sylnt/atheme-services. Iris was configure by running ./compile from the ~/atheme-iris directory. The bots did not require a recompile from what was transferred from original server.
Config files were adjusted to set the proper ip addresses for the new server (both IPv4 and IPv6) and to adjust the staff who had admin access.
Stuff that was installed from yum will go here